Location: Waco, TX
Type of Employment: Full Time
United Ag & Turf is a John Deere Dealership with multiple locations across Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. United Ag & Turf serves customers in a variety of industries such as commercial, construction, agricultural, as well as, consumers. United Ag & Turf strives for exceptional customer experience throughout all our locations and departments including parts, sales, service, and transportation.
POSITION SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for providing general accounting support for United Ag & Turf. The Accountant will be required to work in a general ledger environment with responsibilities including journal entries, account analysis, bank reconciliations, fixed asset tracking, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Personal Effectiveness - Meets established timelines; follows through to ensure completion of assigned objectives, seeks feedback to improve performance, and demonstrates a positive, “can do” attitude
- Innovation and change - Looks for opportunities to improve processes and services, makes an effort to learn and develop new skills, and is resourceful and enthusiastic in responding to new challenges
- Fostering Teamwork - Is open and honest in dealing with others, demonstrates commitment to team objectives, and sees challenges facing department and helps the team to address them
- Quality Services - Delivers high quality services to internal and external customers, accepts responsibility and takes action to address quality issues, and helps operations & services
- Integrity - Adheres to a standard of ethical conduct that promotes trust and open communication, earns trust by living up to commitments, and can be counted on to keep confidences
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Perform daily accounting functions to include journal entries, review/assist with bank deposits and all bank reconciliations
- Perform Fixed Asset accounting functions
- Perform month-end and year-end journal entries
- Responsible for monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements and other reports for analysis by management
- Assist with annual audit with external audit firm.
- Other duties as assigned by CFO or Controller.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Entry level applicants are encouraged to apply
- Competitive Salary
- 401K Match
- Health Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off