Location: Gainesville, TX
Type of Employment: Full Time
This entry level yard maintenance position is responsible for keeping the grounds maintained, machinery and other equipment detailed, and assisting in other maintenance and janitorial duties.
- Load and unload trucks (deliveries of new equipment and palletized items, store transfers, dealer transfers)
- Check over new incoming equipment while unloading and confirm serial numbers, manuals, and keys.
- Assist customers with loading and unloading of equipment for service.
- Dump scrap metal, and trashcans
- Load scrap pallet dumpster
- Keep tires aired up on used equipment, and equipment on the line and sales lot.
- Maintenance of oil dump stations
- Put up all forklifts and shop owned gators nightly.
- Occasional maintenance of company owned equipment (forklifts, gators, company trucks).
- Assist technicians with moving non-functioning equipment from service line to bay.
- General yard maintenance: spraying weeds, mowing, weed trimming, picking up trash.
- Washing and detailing equipment as needed at the wash bay.
- Janitorial Duties as needed.
- Other Duties as needed.
- Customer/client focus.
- Time Management
Yard Maintenance personnel perform the largest percentage of their work outside the dealership and inside the shop. The employee frequently works outside in extreme weather conditions, including heat and cold. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the field can be moderately loud when working around equipment. Can be exposed to soaps and solvents at the wash bay.
Walk, sit, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, lift, and move continually during working hours.
Must be able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Normal hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Saturdays as needed.
Hours vary by location, season, and store needs. See Supervisor or Store Manager for specific schedule.
Preferred Education and Experience
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a degree of independence.
General knowledge and ability to operate lawn and garden equipment.
Forklift training and experience a plus. Candidates must provide proof of previous training or receive training from United Ag & Turf before operating a forklift.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.