Location: Chatham, NY
Type of Employment: Full Time
United Ag & Turf NE is a John Deere Dealership with multiple locations across the Northeast. United Ag & Turf NE serves customers in a variety of industries such as commercial, construction, agricultural, as well as, consumers. United Ag & Turf NE strives for exceptional customer experience throughout all our locations and departments including parts,sales,service, and transportation.
A Large Ag Sales Representative is responsible for the sales to and relationship with key customer accounts. Key customers accounts represent those customer segments that have a significant impact on the dealer-business but develop and maintain relationships with the dealership enterprise through a trusted advisor. Responsibilities could include: sales, customer support, technical support, planning and key customer account business operational optimization.
- Manages key customer account relationships to provide a differentiated customer experience.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, validates and communicates key customer account needs on an ongoing basis.
- Provides value to key customer accounts by developing solutions that save time, reduce risk and increase profits.
- Develops a contact plan that meet the individual needs of your key customer accounts.
- Meets sales volume and sales objectives on assigned key customer accounts.
- Influences customer account trade cycles and current and future needs.
- Updates and retains relevant customer account information such as equipment and operational information in the customer relationship management system
- Engages with dealership personnel (AMS Consultant, Parts, Service, Integrated Solutions Manager, etc.) when needed in completing a sale, answering customer account questions and ensuring customer account needs are met.
- Represents the company for the sale of equipment, parts, labor, and technology-based products and services to assigned customer accounts.
- Maintains current product knowledge of all equipment, parts, and services available to customer accounts.
- Maintains current knowledge of financing and risk management options to assist customer accounts with securing the purchase of a solution.
- Maintains and communicates current knowledge of customer account operational requirements, both agronomic/turf industry and / or business goals.
- Monitors and timely communicates any competitive activity to management.
- Coordinates new equipment field demonstrations.
- Coordinates dealer enterprise team, along with Integrated Solutions Manager, to manage and deliver the highest levels of value to key customer accounts.
- Actively participates in local/regional industry associations.
- Attends applicable sales training events/seminars.
- Maintains assigned company vehicles and equipment.
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years equipment sales experience
- Extensive knowledge of John Deere and competitive equipment as well as technology trends/advancements
- Business, financial and agricultural management knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant agronomic practices and trends
- Knowledge of key customer account agronomic operations
- Ability to use software applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent customer relationship skills with current and future decision makers
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance / accounting, or agriculture-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Salary plus Commission
- Bonus Opportunities
- 401K Match
- Health Benefits
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off